Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons: The Vault is a book about the 1960s series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. It was released in 2017 to coincide the show's 50th anniversary.
The book contains episode guides and goes into detail about the making of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons.
- Author: Chris Bentley
- Dedicated to the memory of: Gerry Anderson, Bob Bell, Ed Bishop, Cy Grant, and Francis Matthews
- Designer: Mike Jones
- Editor: Marcus Hearn
- Extra special thanks to: Andrew Frampton, Martin Gainsford, Marcus Hearn, and Mike Jones (all of whom were Bentley's collaborators) and, above all Joan Bentley (Chris' mother)
- Printed and bound by: 1010 Printing International Ltd (in China)
- Published by: Signum Books, an imprint of Flashpoint Media Ltd
- Special thanks to: Maggy Harris and Jo Rider at ITV, and to Des Glass and Greg Watts at Rex Features
Additionally, the following received thanks by Chris Bentley for their invaluable contributions to the book: Jamie Anderson, Tony Atkins, Nick Austin, Kit Bevan, Graham Bleathman, Stephen Brown, Ros Connors, Maxine Cook, Richard Culley, Terry Curtis, Len Davis, Sam Denham, Leo Eaton, Sue Harman, Chris King, Theo de Klerk, Tim Lageu, Dominic Lavery, David McLaughlin, Elizabeth Morgan, the Orde family, Alan Perry, Andrew Pixley, Jonathan Rigby, Shane Rimmer, Mark Sherwood, Alan Shubrook, David Sisson, Ralph Titterton, Mike Trim, Ken Turner, Rowena White, John Wilkinson, and Fanderson.
Bentley also paid tribute to members of the cast and crew of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons who have sadly passed away since the interviews quoted in the book were conducted. These include Tony Barwick, Ed Bishop, Francis Matthews, Derek Meddings, Peter Wragg. Especially Gerry Anderson, who was a good friend of Bentley.