Model Spy is the 18th produced, and the 14th broadcast, episode of the British television series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons.
Two models, eager to make their names publicised and internationally known, are killed in a dramatic staged railroad crash, while en route to Paris - and are rebuilt by the Mysterons in an attempt to assassinate Andre Verdain, owner of the "House of Verdain," a top modelling & fashion design company...and, secretly, the controller of the European Area Intelligence Service...
Captain Scarlet and Captain Blue, along with Symphony Angel and Destiny Angel, go undercover - as French newspaper photographers and stunning, attractive models - in order to guard Verdain from any Mysteron attacks. However, they're absolutely oblivious to the presence of the two female model doppelgangers...
- This episode was influenced by a number of Thunderbirds episodes. The high-fashion background, for instance, echoes that of Alias Mr. Hackenbacker...
- The backdrop of the Monte Carlo harbour (painted by Mike Trim) originally appeared in The Man From MI.5 and The Duchess Assignment.
- The pediment of the Monte Carlo casino where the Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle is concealed also appeared in The Duchess Assignment, where it surmounted the portico of the art gallery.
- The engine unit of Andre Verdain's cabin cruiser previously featured in the episode Brink Of Disaster as the Pacific Atlantic monotrain's power unit. It was altered for its appearance in Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons.
- The plane that flies over Andre Verdain's cabin cruiser is the same one as the XQR from a previous Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons episode The Trap.